Company: Hart Precision Machining
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Hart Precision Machining is seeking an engineering leader who is
also a technical CNC machinist to help Hart manufacture new
products and optimize current jobs across our 21 CNC machines
(Horizontal Mills, 32 Pallet Pool Milling System, 2 Axis Lathes,
and Swiss turning).
This position is for individuals with advanced machining knowledge
only. You must have experience developing machining strategies
including creating process drawings, work holding, and inspection
methodologies for precision machined parts from both billet and
forgings/casting. (0.001 tolerances with tight GD&T and true
position are the norm)
- Design and oversee the manufacturing of in-house machining
fixtures. (Mill, Lathe, Assembly, CMM, etc.)
- Develop processing/PFEMA for all new product launches and work
with Quality Department to finalize control plans.
- Assist in developing in-process check procedures, work
instructions and tooling reviews with manufacturing.
- Assist with quoting new jobs and programs by providing cycle
- Develop/Enhance the engineering department's data management
process and structure.
- Monitor the progress of new product launches to their
- Participate in corrective action meetings to investigate root
causes and implement engineering changes where needed.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by
researching efficiency improvements and developing proposals;
Includes the overseeing and implementation of improved procedures
and new equipment installation.
- Develop junior engineers and machinists to more effectively
contribute to production and process improvement. Educate operators
to reduce production errors and downtime.
*This position is salaried with potential for bonuses as well.
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Manual Machining Skills
- CAD/CAM Software
- Blueprint Reading
- Creating Preventive Maintenance Plans
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Assembly Skills
- Machine Safety Inspections
- Troubleshooting CNC Machines
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC) (Doosan)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis) (Mazak, Doosan)
- CAM Software (Mastercam, Autodesk Fusion 360)
- CNC Swiss Lathe (Citizen)
Keywords: Hart Precision Machining, Redford , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!