AOP Case Manager
Company: Lincoln Behavioral Svcs.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CLINICAL LICENSE FROM THE STATE OF
The Case Manager provides community based support and advocacy to
mentally ill consumers who are at risk of hospitalization, or
vulnerable individuals and their families. This professional
collaborates with psychiatric and allied team members in treatment
planning and intervention.
- Completes all required trainings
- Reports to work on time as scheduled and at the location
- Responsible for transporting consumers to community appointments,
clinic appointments, activities and other resources as identified
in their person centered plan.
- Completes comprehensive, detailed assessments of all consumers
referred for case management services. The case management needs of
the consumer including medical, work-related concerns,
transportation, and housing must be documented in the
- Develops person centered plans with specific goals, objectives,
and interventions relevant to identified consumer needs, hopes and
desires as identified in the assessment and person centered
planning process, all in consumer's words.
- Chart notes are completed when the consumer is called, a message
is left, or another need is addressed that wasn't face-to-face
- All documentation including assessments, treatment plan reviews,
progress notes, and individual plans of service are completed in a
- Maintains direct services hours of at least 80 hours per
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the
- Incorporate the physical health needs of consumers into all
aspects of services as identified in the assessment and person
centered planning process.
- Utilize identified instruments for assessing co-occurring
- Practices person centered planning principles.
- Updates person centered plans at least annually. Completes
discharge summaries on closed consumers, according to established
- Documentation for co-occurring consumers includes staging and
- Progress notes reflect progress toward established goals and
- Progress notes reflect attempts to assist consumers in overcoming
- Assists consumers in obtaining necessary entitlements.
- Responsible for assessing and monitoring the consumer in their
community and home environment.
- Utilizes the core elements of case management when providing
services to consumers.
- Consumer records indicate participation in and appropriateness of
community services and LBS programs.
- Case manager effectively utilizes a welcoming philosophy and
supportive therapeutic interventions which reflect an understanding
of the consumer's emotional needs.
- Attends person centered treatment planning meetings and/or
provides written and verbal recommendations regarding consumer
needs to those programs serving his or her consumers.
- Assists consumers with community referrals.
- Participates in Agency in-services, case conferences, and other
meetings as assigned.
- When appropriate, completes other assigned responsibilities in a
reasonable established timeframe, with quality expectations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in social work or nursing from an accredited
college or university or Master's degree in social work, counseling
or psychology from an accredited college or university is
- Prefer 2 years experience in working with the mentally ill
Credentialing, Licensure - Nursing, Social Work, Counseling or
Psychology License with the State of Michigan is required. Employee
is responsible for obtaining the required supervision for their
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Ability to establish professional working relationships with all
- Appropriately articulates the view of the agency when networking
in the community.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Agency and community resources
available to assist consumers during crises.
- Demonstrates knowledge of community resources.
- Works as part of a treatment team to facilitate efficient
operation of the program and consumer services.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Possession of a valid Michigan Driver's License with an
acceptable driving record according to Lincoln Behavioral Services
- Access to a private vehicle for day-to-day job performance, when
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Lincoln Behavioral Svcs., Redford , AOP Case Manager, Executive , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!