Residential Case Manager
Company: Lincoln Behavioral Services
Posted on: February 10, 2024
The Residential Case Manager provides community based support
and advocacy to mentally ill consumers who are currently residing
in an AFC home and may be at risk of hospitalization, has limited
capacity to live independently and experiences difficulty in
accessing community resources. This professional collaborates with
psychiatric and allied team members, home providers, home staff and
guardians in treatment planning and intervention. Essential Duties
and Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the
- Completes comprehensive case management assessments of all
clients referred for residential case management services.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled and at the location
- Completes detailed assessments documenting the case management
needs of the client. These include medical needs, work-related
concerns, transportation, and skill building.
- Assessments reflect the information necessary to determine
appropriate interventions on behalf of clients.
- Practices Person Centered Planning principles.
- Develops case management service plans with specific goals,
objectives, and interventions relevant to identified client
- Updates service plans, and completes discharge summaries,
according to established timeframes.
- Develops relevant and measurable treatment goals and objectives
based on assessment information.
- Progress notes reflect progress toward established goals and
objectives, and client's ability to utilize Agency and community
- Progress notes are completed monthly for each residential
- Assessments, treatment plan reviews, and individual plans of
service are completed in a timely manner.
- Assists clients in obtaining necessary entitlements.
- Utilizes resources which are appropriate to the client's
psychiatric assessment and functioning.
- Responsible to coordinate transportation with the home provider
or other community resources for consumers to attend community
appointments and activities.
- Utilizes the core elements of case management when providing
services to clients.
- Client records indicate participation in and appropriateness of
community services and LBS programs.
- Case management interventions with clients indicate knowledge
of clients' mental status.
- Responsible in providing services to clients in the Residential
Case Management program according to the treatment plan and program
- Attends treatment planning meetings and/or provides written and
verbal recommendations regarding client needs to those programs
serving his or her clients.
- Assists clients with community referrals.
- Participates in on-call assignment as scheduled to provide 24
hour on-call assistance to AFC home staff and providers for
after-hour client emergencies.
- Maintains direct services hours of 80 hours per month.
- Participates in Agency in-services, case conferences, and other
meetings as assigned.
- When appropriate, completes other assigned responsibilities in
a reasonable established timeframe, with quality expectations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in social work from an accredited college or
- Preferred 2 years experience in working with the mentally ill
population.Credentialing, Licensure - Must be eligible for Social
Work license with the State of Michigan. While meeting eligibility
for license, staff will participate in supervision to monitor and
validate work. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Ability to establish professional working relationships with
- Appropriately articulates the view of the agency when
networking in the community.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Agency and community resources
available to assist clients during crises.
- Demonstrates knowledge of community resources.
- Works as part of a treatment team to facilitate efficient
operation of the program and client services.Qualifications - To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possession of a valid Michigan Driver's License with a good
- Access to a private vehicle for day-to-day job performance,
when needed.Physical Demands - The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Lincoln Behavioral Services, Redford , Residential Case Manager, Executive , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!