Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Methodist Children's Home Society
Posted on: May 1, 2021
MCHS offers a wealth of benefits for our employees including:
generous paid holidays & time off, full benefits (100% of premiums
covered by the employer; no cost to you), a wonderful 80 acre
campus, tuition reimbursement--and a dedication to growth &
promotion from within.------I. JOB SUMMARYThe Human Resources (HR)
Coordinator is responsible for supporting all services and
activities within the HR Department. He/she reports directly to the
Director of--Administrative Services and assists in the
development, coordination, and implementation of various services
within the HR Department, while working to develop a high
performance culture which emphasizes empowerment and productivity.
The HR Coordinator assists the Director in ongoing recruitment
efforts and the development of a quality workforce; ensures legal
and regulatory compliance related to human resource management and
assists and advises employees about HR issues.II. DUTIES &
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS--
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and
procedures; monitors and analyzes operations and results as
directed; develops and prepare reports as directed; and provides
support to employees throughout the agency.
- Provides technical assistance to employees in the
interpretation and application of personnel rules, the collective
bargaining agreement (AFSCME), EEO, ADA regulations and practices,
FMLA, and other HR policies and procedures.
- Prepares and/or generates routine departmental correspondence,
records and reports.
- Provides technical assistance regarding position management and
career development to employees.
- Provides guidance and support in updating job descriptions and
- Conduct investigations as assigned related, but not limited to,
workforce issues and concerns, disciplinary issues, allegations of
discrimination, harassment, or other unlawful employment
- Investigate and respond to third party complaints or employment
discrimination (i.e., DOL or EEOC complaints; Notices of Tort
Claims, etc.) as assigned by the Director.
- Assist in writing formal disciplinary actions and performance
improvement plans for management teams;
- Attends disciplinary and termination meetings as
- Facilitates the workers compensation and the return-to-work
program and represent MCHS at hearings.
- Monitor unemployment claims by reviewing claims, substantiating
documentation, requesting legal counsel review when necessary, and
- Responsible for compiling, organizing and preparing written
reports and other documents as assigned.
- Assist with department projects, quality improvement, and other
activities as assigned.
- Effectively and professionally represents the agency to the
general public, visitors, guests, volunteers, media
representatives, managers, employees, union and applicants.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of
Administrative Services.--III. BASIC COMPETENCIESEducation and
ExperienceThe HR Coordinator will have broad generalist experience
and knowledge and able to advise the Director on key HR and
personnel issues. S/he will ideally have experience in a number of
different HR functions, including but not limited to employee
recruitment, employee retention, unemployment, workers
compensation, state and federal regulations, etc. operations of an
- --Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational
Behavior or Development, Business or Public Administration,
Industrial Relations, nonprofit management, or a job related
- A minimum of two years as professional Human Resource
experience, preferably in the non-profit field;
- Must meet the States Moral Character standard.Some Knowledge
- Principles and practices of HR management.
- Dynamics of employee professional development.
- Computer and software applications (MS Office).
- State and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Principles and practices of financial operations and
- Tactical planning.--The Skills and Ability to:--
- Communicate verbally and in writing with agency staff and
volunteers and government officials.
- Demonstrate integrity.
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identify the
best people for the job.
- Manage time and multiple priorities; meet deadlines.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
employees, other agencies and the public. --
- Handle sensitive and confidential situations and
- Be collaborative and flexible, with a strong service
- Attend training and travel to offsite for meetings and
- Possess a high degree of personal accountability,
responsibility and independent decision making abilities with the
skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret
programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the
Keywords: Methodist Children's Home Society, Redford , Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!