Utility Forester/Work Planner Recruitment
Company: ArborMetric Solutions, LLC.
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Utility Forester - Work Planner Now accepting resumes. Please be
advised that ArborMetrics does not have a current opening for this
position, but we expect to have openings in the future. Qualified
individuals who express an interest and provide their information
may be contacted in the future and asked to formally apply for the
position. ArborMetrics Solutions, LLC. (AMS) is now accepting
resumes for a Utility Forester - Work Planner position, we are
looking for a motivated and highly skilled individual to provide
planning, scheduling, reporting, and project management for utility
right-of-way vegetation management programs. General Duties and
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Obtains oral/written permission from property owners to trim or
remove trees and apply herbicides. Arranges with customer or
property owner to obtain access to property, advises of any
interruption in services, explains work to be performed, etc.
- Discusses responsibility for apparent damage to property,
repairs for minor damage, and refers controversial cases to the
General Foreperson/Project Coordinator.
- Inspect right-of-ways to assess vegetation conditions and
determine required maintenance activities.
- Assist with develop bid package maps and work manifests.
- Research easement and land rights for widths, rights and
- Meet with land owners to explain vegetation management
- Mark work in the field where required.
- Respond to public concerns and questions about the work.
- Assist in the development of public relations materials.
- Respond to contractor questions concerning work specification
- Document work activity using GIS equipped computer & custom
work planning software.
- Inspect work completed by contractors for compliance to utility
- Assist in the management of contractors during storm
- Provide support and assistance on special projects as assigned
by the utility. Benefits:
- Company vehicle provided.
- Benefits of employment include: health insurance, dental
insurance, 401K with company match, paid holidays, paid sick leave,
paid vacation, paid training & continuing education opportunities.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and
requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees
must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended
periods of time.
- 2-4 year degree in Forestry, Natural Resource
Sciences/Management, Horticulture or related field.
- ISA Certified Arborist or ability to obtain certification
within 1 year, ISA Utility Specialist preferred.
- Working knowledge of IVM, techniques and equipment used for
- Excellent personal computing skills, GIS knowledge
- Valid driver's license.
- At least 2 years applicable work experience preferred but not
required. ------ Individuals must be able to perform the essential
functions of the position with or without a reasonable
accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a
reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-,
ext 1339. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and
Keywords: ArborMetric Solutions, LLC., Redford , Utility Forester/Work Planner Recruitment, Human Resources , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!