Company: Lincoln Behavioral Services
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The ACT Specialist provides community based support and advocacy
to mentally ill consumers and their families. This professional
collaborates with psychiatric and allied team members in
assessment, diagnosing, treatment planning, and
intervention.Essential Duties and/or Responsibilities include, but
may not be limited to the following:
- Completes all required trainings
- Reports to work on time as scheduled and at the location
- Provides case management, linkage, and advocacy.
- Responsible for transporting consumers to community
appointments, clinic appointments, activities and other resources
as identified in their person centered plan.
- Assists clients in acquiring safe and stable housing.
- Assists clients in completing applications for appropriate
- Assesses personal needs of ACT clients in areas such as living
situation, financial, self-care, vocations, and symptom
identification and care, and develops a person-centered treatment
- Develops meaningful and comprehensive assessments.
- Develops person centered plans with specific goals, objectives,
and interventions relevant to identified consumer needs, hopes and
desires as identified in the assessment and person centered
- Updates service plans, and completes discharge summaries,
according to established timeframes.
- Chart notes reflect progress toward established goals and
objectives, and client's ability to utilize Agency and community
- ACT Specialist effectively utilizes a welcoming philosophy and
supportive therapeutic interventions which reflect an understanding
of the consumer's emotional needs.
- Facilitates client involvement in the treatment planning
- Practices Person Centered Planning principles.
- Participates in daily team meetings and staff meetings.
- Participates in developing problem solving strategies as
related to client and program needs.
- Provides conscientious and reliable delivery of clinical
- Demonstrates knowledge of diverse and relevant therapeutic
- Utilizes appropriate and effective interventions based on
- Creates a supportive environment conducive to client
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Participates in 24-hour on call as assigned.
- Provides support and referral to needed services during
crises.Completes all documentation in a timely fashion, and meets
requirements regarding required trainings, caseload, direct service
time, and completes service activity logs, progress notes,
assessments, treatment plans, and treatment plan reviews within
required timeframes and staff productivity as required by Agency
policy.- Maintains minimum direct service hours of 80 per month for
full time or prorated for part-time employee.- Participates in
Agency in-services, case conferences, and other meetings as
assigned. - Practices safe driving habits .- Takes precautions when
using Agency property, following appropriate procedures to report
any damage incidents.- When appropriate, completes other assigned
responsibilities in a reasonable established timeframe, within
quality expectations.QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.- Possession of a
valid Michigan Driver's License with a good driving record.- Access
to a private vehicle for day-to-day job performance, when needed.-
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - Bachelor's degree in social work from
an accredited college or university or Master's degree in social
work, counseling or psychology from an accredited college or
university is required.- Prefer 2 years experience in working with
the mentally ill population.LANGUAGE SKILLS - Excellent
communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to establish
professional working relationships with all staff. Appropriately
articulates the view of the agency when networking in the
community.CREDENTIALING, LICENSURE - Social Work, Counseling or
Psychology License with the State of Michigan is required. Employee
is responsible for obtaining the required supervision for their
respective licensure.PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Lincoln Behavioral Services, Redford , ACT Specialist, Other , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!