Company: Methodist Children's Home Society
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Therapist acts as an advocate for the children in the agencys
program and their families by providing clinical assessment and
professional case management services; formulates and assesses
treatment plans; provides individual, group and family therapy and
training; appears in court when necessary.
MCHS offers a wealth of benefits for our employees including:
generous paid holidays & time off, full benefits (100% of premiums
covered by the employer; no cost to you), a wonderful 80 acre
campus, tuition reimbursement, and a dedication to growth &
promotion from within.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB
To be successful, a Therapist must be
able to do the following duties. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Along with the Residential Supervisor,
lead the group treatment team with the responsibility for ensuring
each child successfully completes the goals set forth in their
treatment plan by providing individual, group and family therapy
and training to the children and their families designed to improve
social functioning; offer advice on community support services and
collaborate with internal and external resources to ensure the
treatment plan is successful.
- Provide case management services for
the children and their families; guide the children through the
entire treatment process, including managing intake conferences and
assessments, interviewing and orientating the children and their
families; evaluate relevant written material and arranging
admission; maintain complete and detailed case records, prepare
ongoing summaries of services indicating client case history and
progress, document progress notes for clients; participate in
discharge planning and placement.
- Perform administrative duties to meet
objectives set by the program manager and senior management; create
and maintain records and reports; recommend new approaches,
policies, and procedures for continual improvement of program
services; participate in developing department goals and
- Represent the agency in court,
accurately testify to the progress of cases; attend all required
hearings and meetings pursuant to cases, clients, children, and
families; make assessments and recommendations based on the best
interest of the child.
- Assist with providing leadership and
maintaining discipline of residents; provide assistance with
controlling disruptive behavior using agency approved methods of
de-escalation and crisis intervention.
- Operate within the guidelines of the
Employee Handbook, Therapists Operations Manual, and DHS Policies
- Masters degree in Social Work (MSW), or
- One (1) year of experience in a
residential or inpatient setting working with serious emotional
disorder (SED) at-risk youth between the ages of 7 17;
- Possession of a certified social worker
license for the State of Michigan, or eligibility for the license
within two (2) years of hire.
- Computer and software applications
(Windows, MS Office, Internet applications, etc.) necessary to
perform the duties of the position.
- Clinical assessment and child
- Principles and practices of social
work, including the NASW Code of Ethics.
- Michigan Department of Human Services
policies and procedures.
- Family, child and group
- Child development theory and
- The behavior patterns of youth and
methods of modifying behavior.
The Skills and Ability
- Effectively engage children and
- Relate to youth and gain their respect
- Perform behavior management techniques
to control aggressive behavior.
- Manage time and multiple priorities,
- Communicate effectively verbally and in
- Establish and maintain effective
working relationships with employees, other agencies, and the
- Exercise professional judgment in
- Handle sensitive and confidential
situations and documentation.
- Attend training and maintain necessary
certifications and licenses.
- Maintain a Michigan drivers license and
driving record that allows the operation of an agency or personal
vehicle for agency business or to transport clients as
Equal Opportunity Employer -
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Methodist Children's Home Society, Redford , Therapist, Other , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!