Service Installation Supervisor
Posted on: August 1, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your
role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around
the world. You ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the
organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of
Baxter s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and
inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where
your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Service Operations Supervisor reports to the Service Operations
Manager and provides direct supervision, leadership, coaching, and
daily direction for assigned service center. Site responsibility
for training and performance in the areas of safety, customer
satisfaction, continuous improvement, achievement of key
performance metrics and following all SOPs and work instructions
for a technical and customer service focused team. Maintain and
build effective relationships with customers and local sales team.
Responsible for the achievement of revenue generation through
service revenue targets and service contract renewals, achievement
of set cost targets, customer satisfaction, associate development,
and operational improvements for assigned location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Other duties may be
- Facilitate and attend monthly safety meetings.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety awareness and
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S
- Ensure safety training, meeting and medical testing
requirements are kept up-to-date; ensure that standard work is
- Successfully complete all required safety and compliance
learning modules on a timely basis.
- Ensure all assigned staff complete all required safety and
compliance learning modules on a timely basis.
- Identify safety concerns and correct as necessary.
- Supervise & Manage
- Select, train, and ensure optimum team performance.
- Create an environment that supports a diverse work group.
- Establish good working relationships with sales team, as well
as with other departments, external customers and suppliers (Ensure
cross-functional cooperation and success).
- Development of staff and self through regular meetings and
- Conduct annual APEX (performance) reviews to ensure performance
expectations are set, monitored and executed.
- Maintain a high performance workforce.
- Execute change initiatives.
- Create environment for open, continuous and proactive
- Exhibit excellent time management, verbal and written
- Present and Train
- Ability to conduct effective, oral presentations of information
to customers and co workers which may include:
- In-services to hospital staff and caregivers
- Product demonstrations
- Team meetings
- Feedback of field activities
- Cross training of coworkers to complete both service center and
- Operational Results
- Direct responsibility for assigned site inventory
- Ensure rapid and accurate work order completion.
- Demonstrate, instruct and ensure the strict compliance with all
federal, state, and local regulations and company policies.
- Monitor the implementation of all continuous improvement
- Directly responsible for the achievement of all key and
operational measures at assigned location.
- Prepare business cases to justify personnel or equipment
requirements, and be involved in the acquisition of those
- Financial Results
- Direct responsibility for service revenue generation and
compliance of service contract performance.
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of all resources and
- Initiate and monitor all local expense controls.
- Ensure the appropriate utilization and optimal deployment of
all parts and equipment.
- Customer Service
- Achieve customer satisfaction through related metrics.
- Work with sales team to present business reviews to customers
- Identify and resolve problems, effectively and
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and
Supervisory responsibilities include:
- This job is a leadership role with management authority. The
Service Operations Supervisor will lead the hiring process,
performance management and has the ability to oversee work
distribution and administer discipline to employees.
- In addition to the responsibilities above, the Service
Operations Supervisor will at times be required to complete tasks
and responsibilities outlined in the Field Service Technician job
descriptions as the needs of the business require.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- BS/BA required
- Previous supervisory or team leadership experience strongly
- Previous experience working with medical devices in a hands-on
- Experience working with FDA regulated products preferred
- Ability to communicate vision and align staff performance;
establish goals and standards for staff; build customer
relationships; work as a team player with others; coach and develop
staff; recognize and reward staff performance; and follow-up and
follow through on commitments and self and staff work
- Adapts to new technologies and is comfortable with Microsoft
- Valid driver s license and driving record that meets company
standards and state requirements
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOT physical card
- Schedule flexibility/on-call as required
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and implement solutions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, analyze, and apply
technical information including but not limited to technical
manuals, technical bulletins, schematics, etc.
- Effectively present information both verbal and written in
one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization
- Basic mathematical skills related to calculating/analyzing
weights and measures, volume, distance, etc.
NOTE: The inability to perform any of the following physical
requirements does not preclude an applicant from consideration
unless, following an individualized analysis, it is determined that
the physical requirement is an essential job function and the
applicant is unable to perform such function with or without
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Must wear personal protective equipment including but not
limited to safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective
clothing. Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex
- Frequently works in environments were biohazards could be
present. i.e. Hospitals, Service Centers, and Depots
- Must comply with Hill-Rom infection control policies
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify
that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions
or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance
with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or
any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or interview process,
please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your
request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where
fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other
agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal
personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect
yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice .
Keywords: BAXTER, Redford , Service Installation Supervisor, Other , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!