AUTOMOTIVE USED CAR PORTER/DETAILER
Company: Next Mile Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
AUTOMOTIVE USED CAR PORTER/DETAILERAre you interested in joining
a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees
from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an
inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the
community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for
you!THE POSITION: Detailing and helping organize our vehicle
inventory are only a couple of the ways we do this. -We are looking
for a motivated person who is good working on tasks on their own,
but -also works well with a team when needed. Previous dealership
experience if great, but not necessary. Organized, energetic and
being a positive person are key attributes to this job. If you
think this sounds like you- we'd love to meet you. -THE PERKS:
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid
Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D,
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident
Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday PaySkills & Qualifications:
- Current, Valid, Drivers license; satisfactory Motor Vehicle
Report (MVR) Required.
- Ability to complete tasks on your own as well with a team.
- Good work ethic, organized and positive attitude are a
must.Education and Experience:
- No retail experience is necessary.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.Essential Duties &
- Assisting our sales department in a variety of ways.
- Detailing and helping organize our vehicle inventory.
- Keep the New and Used Vehicle lots neat and orderly, moving
cars as directed by management and in accordance with facility
- Keep inventory vehicles clean as directed by management.
- Clean interior and exterior of vehicles, including the trunks
and glove compartments.
- Police grounds of the dealership.
- Wear company approved uniform.
- Parking vehicles from service.
- Cleaning the service department drive, write up area and
- Empty trash.
- Drive shuttle.
- Wash service customer vehicles.
- Wash vehicle, using cleaning solution, water, cloths and
- Clean engine to remove grease and other materials.
- Apply special purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials
which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, following
recommendations of the products manufacturer.
- Assist technicians with keeping service department clean and
- Assist with property maintenance and appearance.
- Greet customers immediately in a courteous and friendly
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Complete OSHA right-to-know training.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee
- Any other duties as assigned.Physical Requirements:
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle
- Requires the ability to lift 40 pounds of material.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical
cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a
motor vehicle repair facility.
- Frequently, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne
particles.THE COMPANY: Founded in 1980 by Michael Sr. and Maureen
LaFontaine, the award-winning and nationally-recognized LaFontaine
Automotive Group includes 52 retail franchises, 9 collision centers
and 30 Michigan retail locations. The group employs nearly 2,200
individuals. Its the mission of the LaFontaine Family to
personalize the automotive experience by building lifelong
relationships that connect families and strengthen communities. -
The LaFontaine commitment to customers, staff, and local
communities is demonstrated by active participation and
contributions to numerous non-profit organizations, educational
institutions, and charities throughout Michigan. The combination of
both the mission and core values provides the basic foundation of
our promise to treat every customer like they are members of our
family. From sales to service to parts, LaFontaine Automotive Group
is able to meet any customers specific needs. LaFontaine represents
the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge,
Ford, Fiat, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, KIA, Lincoln, Mazda,
RAM, Polestar, Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, and Volkswagen. Our Mission:
-To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen
Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience. -Our Core
Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication,
Teamwork, PassionLaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal
opportunity employer.TIER 1
Keywords: Next Mile Inc., Redford , AUTOMOTIVE USED CAR PORTER/DETAILER, Other , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!