Supply Chain Analyst
Posted on: September 16, 2022
This position coordinates all processes and functions of a
department and provides visibility to management by tracking,
process over-sight, auditing, researching and troubleshooting
operational issues or functions.
• Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure
conformance to company standards (as applicable). Follow daily
parts control function, including track and trace, production
schedule analysis, and exception management. Provide parts follow
up ensuring optimal material flow.
• Assist in the development and presentation of customer analytics,
key trends, and solution proposals during internal and external
meetings. In addition, assist in continuous improvement and cost
• Work with customers to resolve stock shortages, meet deadlines
and answer questions. Proactively seek opportunities to improve
customer inventory and material flow processes. Timely and accurate
communication of critical issues to manager and customer.
• Examine current processes and implement, or recommend
improvements to drive out waste. Follow processes that are set by
Engineering and assist with the implementation of any process and
transportation design changes.
• Work with suppliers to correct part/shipment issues. Track
shipments to ensure shipment deadlines are met. Work with carriers
to resolve issues in transit or at customer facility.
• As assigned by the Manager
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree
• 1 year of inventory/auditing/transportation experience
• Fundamental understanding of transportation, supply chain and
• Ability to learn and operate various inventory and transportation
management systems, in addition to extension applications.
• Ability to follow processes and procedures
• Data Analysis skills required
• Strong problem solving and time management skills required
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and multi task required
• Ability to follows process and standard procedures
• Experience analyzing large sets of data preferred
• Advanced computer skills including Excel and Outlook required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to
accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required,
complete Penske employment application, submit to a background
investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Redford , Supply Chain Analyst, Professions , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!