AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP ESTIMATOR
Company: LaFontaine Honda
Posted on: January 18, 2023
AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP ESTIMATORAre you interested in joining a
growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees
from within, is Passionate about protecting the environment, has an
inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the
community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for
you!THE POSITION: The Estimator is responsible for quoting repair
costs to customer in a professional, timely manner while ensuring
quality repairs. Skills & Qualifications:
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. - Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees of organization.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Customer Service: Must be able to communicate and get along
with customers, members of management, and technicians. A pleasant
demeanor is essential to ensure that customers' experiences with
the Collision Department are positive.Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 1-2 years in an auto body shop repair facility or dealership
service department (preferred but not recommended).Essential Duties
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index ratings (as determined by
the Body Shop Manager)
- Maintain dealership standards for "hours per customer repair
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly and professional
- Communicate with customers to determine the nature of their
- Evaluate the vehicle thoroughly to determine extent of damage
and need for repairs
- Photograph the vehicle to support the damage for insurance
- Establish each customer's method of payment. Obtain approval of
credit if necessary
- Obtain customer's signature on repair order, provide customer
with a copy
- Work with insurance adjusters to ensure all information is
provided in order for payment to be received
- Check job status as often as necessary to ensure timely and
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in progress and
- Compare final invoice with original repair order
- Deliver vehicle to customer and answer and questions
- Responsible for quality control to ensure that work is
completed as requested and to reduce comebacks.Physical
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to stand, talk and hear.
- Frequently is required to walk and sit.
- Is potentially exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.THE
COMPANY: LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and
nationally recognized automotive dealership of over 40 years with
51 retail franchises, 8 collision centers, 29 Michigan locations
and 2,100 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named
Michigan's fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine
Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family
and where people come before the bottom line. It's a welcoming
place where you can build a career and will find the tools and
support needed to take your career to new heights.Our Mission: -To
Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen
Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience. -Our Core
Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication,
Teamwork, Passion LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal
opportunity employer. TIER1
Keywords: LaFontaine Honda, Redford , AUTOMOTIVE BODY SHOP ESTIMATOR, Professions , Redford, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!